Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Remember Friday the 13th?

Lately I've been thinking a lot about when I was younger. Maybe it's the summer, the heat or even overexposure ti the sun always making me feel reminiscent; whatever the reason I found myself thinking about years past. I tried to remember what were the series I used to look forward to watching and then I remembered!

Every Friday night at about 11 o'clock me and my brother would get under our covers, switch on the TV and wait impatiently for this:



"Lewis Vendredi made a deal with the devil to sell cursed antiques. But he broke the pact, and it cost him his soul. Now, his niece Micki, and her cousin Ryan have inherited the store... and with it, the curse. Now they must get everything back and the real terror begins."

Those were the words introducing every single one of the episodes, setting the mood for what was about to follow.

The two cousins were left with the task of collecting every-single-one of the cursed objects. Event hough their powers seemingly helped those who posses them to prosper and avenge, their real purpose was to collect both the souls of the innocent and those of their less-well-meaning owners.

An American-Canadian production, Friday the 13th was beautifully made, won numerous awards for its visual and graphical effects and was nominated for a lot more over the years. Its great storyline -always with a pinch of humor- sometimes toyed with what was acceptable for network television, thus making it an even more interesting show!

So if you are already hating summer and the absence of anything evilish on TV, then by all means give it a go and I guarantee you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails