Friday, September 24, 2010

The Walking Dead TV Show

Our more faithful readers should remember the gory Walking Dead comic books, that rather excellent take on zombies and humanity's contemporary tendencies for self-destruction. Well, good news everyone! The Walking Dead TV series is just around the corner and seems to be more promising than a particularly promising thing. The first episode of the six episode series will premier this Halloween (Oct. 31) and will introduce viewers to a dark, gory, shockingly violent, (at times) touching, cruel, zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world, and the rag-tag group of survivors that will be the seeries' protagonists.

At the helm of the how you will pleased to find director-writer-producer Frank Darabond (The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption), who is supported by a talented cast, that includes Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Jeffrey DeMunn, Steven Yeun and Emma Bell.

To find out more about the Walking Dead you could do much worse than visit its content-packed official site. Imdb also sports some useful info, though you'd better start by taking a look at this lovely trailer:

3 comments:

  1. I've seen a trailer for it on the "Survival of the Dead" blu ray. I trust Mr. Darabont, he's great. I wasn't too keen on his idea to make a "The Thing" tv show, but this one seems like a very good project. I had a pleasure of meeting him back in '07. Shook his hand and thanked him for "Shawshank Redemption" and he signed my hotel fire escape plan (I didn't have anything else on me). Although I haven't watched tv in a few years, I'll be tuning in to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A signed hotel fire escape plan is a thing of beauty, or, well, so I imagine. As for the Shawshank Redemption, I consider it the second best Stephen King adaptation ever and an incredibly smart and satisfying film. Let's now hope the Walking Dead turn out to be a great show.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails