Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

As far as classic horror movies go The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Das Kabinett des Doktor Caligari) is the oldest -possibly most important too- of the lot. It was, after all, shot back in 1920 and could easily be the first horror movie ever created, though I really can't be sure of such things. Mind you, most the internet does believe this to be the case, so I guess further research isn't what matters right now.

What actually matters, you see, is that you dear lovers of horror, German expressionism and wild, romantic film-making absolutely watch this masterpiece. The film is now happily a public domain work of art and can be freely and very legally downloaded from the Internet Archive.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Absolutely love it! Both remakes suck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I haven't seen any of them. Didn't know you're such a horror buff Anatoly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not just horror, I LOVE movies in general. But then again, a significant part of my collection is horror, so I love the genre too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You modern homo universalis, you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen this one! I guess I'll have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails